What is the recommended photo size for my personalized card?To ensure the best results when printed, we recommend that you submit a clear, original, unedited photo that is at least 300 pixels per inch (ppi) so that we have the best quality image to work with. If your photo is not large enough (i.e., does not have enough pixels per inch), then it can result in a fuzzy or pixelated final product, which isn't ideal for anyone…after all, we want your photos to shine!
The original file from your camera should be plenty large for print, but it's possible that it got sized down somewhere along the line (perhaps when importing it to your computer or a photo program) so it's important to double-check before submitting it.
To determine if your photo is large enough for the design you have selected, you will first need to estimate the dimensions of the photo area on the card. (You can also ask us for specific dimensions if you'd like.)
For example, if the design you like best appears to have space for a 6 x 4 photo, you'll want to multiply each of those measurements by 300ppi to identify the ideal pixel dimensions for your photo. In this case for a 6 x 4 photo area, you would want to use a photo that is at least 1800 x 1200 pixels.
To identify the dimensions of your photo, look in the ‘File’ menu of your photo viewer. If the listed dimensions are at least 1800 x 1200 pixels, your photo will print wonderfully!
When you're ready, you can submit your photo using our Easy Photo Uploader.
- Do you letterpress on wood?
- Can you rush my custom project?
- What's the best way to contact you?
- Can I use an existing design on the website to create a custom invitation or card?
- Can you print my design on your wooden cards?
- What is the turnaround time for a custom or personalized order?
- What does my order status mean?
- Can I get a sample wedding invitation?
- What pen type should I use to write on the wood?
- Can I print on the wood with my home printer?
- Where do you get the wood that you use for your cards?
- Can I use a rubber stamp on the wood?
- Do you offer wedding invitations?
- What postage do wood postcards require?
- What postage does my invitation and reply card require?
- Can I get a physical proof of my custom project?
- Can I choose my own wording and font for my custom wedding cards?
- Can I choose my own colors for my custom wedding cards?
- Can you ship my envelopes to me before the cards arrive?
- Do I have to pay in full for my custom or wedding order?
- Do you offer mailing services?
- Do you offer a digital proof for my custom order?
- How do I check my order status?
- Can I track my order online?
- What if the topic I need isn't listed here?
- Can you letterpress my custom design?
- Do wood cards have any special mailing instructions?
- Will my custom wood postcards have the standard address lines and stamp square on the back?
- What are the design guidelines for your custom business cards?
- Do my custom design files need to have color separation?
- What colors can I use for my custom design?
- How do I submit my custom artwork?
- What file format should I use for my custom artwork?
- Why does the color and texture of the wood sometimes vary from card to card?
- What type of print process do you use on the wood?
- Do you offer custom artwork design services?
- Can I use white ink in my custom artwork?
- What is the radius of the corner rounding on the custom wood cards?
- How precisely will my custom order be trimmed?
- Can I pick the color or grain of my custom wood cards?
- What is the recommended photo size for my personalized card?
- When will my personalized Holiday Card order ship?
- What are your custom design guidelines?
- When will my custom or personalized order ship?
Contact us via email or dial us at 205-868-1619.